The Hertfordshire Music Forum was established with terms of reference in September 2011 and was officially launched when Hertfordshire Music Service formally became Lead Partner for the Hertfordshire Music Education Hub in September 2012. It is the strategic group representing the key countywide stakeholders and partners that deliver and promote music education across Hertfordshire. There are many other regional and district partners who are crucial to local delivery. Their work is also supported by the Music Forum through the area based structure of the Hertfordshire Music Service and other Forum members
Hertfordshire Music Forum Terms of
1. Promote and support high quality music education in Hertfordshire
2. Through partnership working and advocacy, support the Hertfordshire Music Service in its role as Lead Partner
3. Provide critical challenge for Hertfordshire’s response to the National Music Plan, School Music Eductation Plan and other strategies as required
4. Maintain an education focus with clear values on standards, improvement and excellence both in the music curriculum and extra-curricular music
5. Ensure all strategies are tested with regards value for money, musical integrity, access and equalities.
6. Meet at least four times per year to receive reports from the Head of Hertfordshire Music Service and Partners as necessary
7. Endorse strategic plans and funding applications as required and communicate this endorsement.
The board meets 4 times per year at either the Mid Herts Centre for Music & Arts or at County Hall. The function of the council representative is to act as a critical friend to the Music Service and ensure that the council is represented in discussion.
For general queries about the service please access the following link:
Hertfordshire County Council is not responsible for the content of any external link